Thursday, June 2, 2011

20 weeks: halfway home


Yesterday we had our official ultrasound. It's my favorite day of being pregnant, the day of the ultrasound. Other than actually having the baby, of course. I love hearing those reassuring words from the ultrasound tech, you know, beautiful kidneys, heart, and brain, no spina-bifida and everything else that they can see. Hearing that everything checks out a-okay feels so good.  Our little dovie was so fun to watch too. She had her feet up by her face and was playing with them with her little hands.
We have a friend who is an ultrasound tech who let us come in when I was fourteen weeks to find out what we are having but it was pretty early to be sure. This one confirmed we were having a girl. And as a plus they moved my due date up ten days. Whoop-whoop. Which makes me twenty-two weeks pregnant. The big day is October 5th now.  


 I feel like my belly is so much bigger much sooner than before but that is to be expected with my third pregnancy. Already I feel like I am walking with that pregnancy waddle. This time I feel more patient about being pregnant. I don't feel that urgency for the wait to be over like I did with my first two. I'm just fine to have her all to myself for now and wait out the summer until she comes.


12 comments:

  1. Ahhh what an adorable little belly you have! :) Glad your ultrasound went well also - I definitely loved our 19w ultrasound... seeing our little girlie finally looking like a wee babe and watching her move around. Was so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I just realized I used your last name. Anyway, you're darling. And I still love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your baby bump. You look adorable!! Congrats on the half way mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I looked like you at 20 weeks! You look great! Love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Jessica!Glad to hear everything went so well during the ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look SO cute!!! You are still so tiny, it looks like you have a basketball in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and one other thing, I really want to borrow all your cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did pop out - so cute! I am due for a big growth spurt, due any day now. You're SO lucky you got a free 2 weeks - I always get pushed back and back and then go overdue. Go figure. You look adorable, big only in the belly, and I love the sweater as well as the second photo's perspective. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that second picture, the one of just your tummy, its so cute. i can't believe how far along you are already! it seems like its racing by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why do you have to look so gosh darn cute pregnant! Lol. So excited to meet this little girlie :).

    ReplyDelete

filed under