Monday, November 28, 2011

our weekend in photos










I loved every bit of Thanksgiving and I'm even more excited to be able to get ready for Christmas. I was set on getting most of my Christmas preparations done before December but I got the flu. And then so did everyone else. Ugh. But I got a good start.

Here are details of our little weekend:

decking the halls with little helpers 
 watching Christmas movies and snuggling with my baby girl
one lady bug found
eating Brett's amazing pancakes with apple-cider syrup (try it, I'll never go back to maple) 
bath time
play time
sister time
some Christmas shopping without kids ;)  
getting Indian food with old friends
getting my Christmas cards done (early this year, yay!)


Apple Cider Syrup


2 cups apple cider or apple juice
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg



Mix together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in saucepan. Pour in juice (apple and lemon). Cook and stir constantly until thickened and boils. Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve warm over pancakes.

5 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful room decorated for Christmas! And Love all the rest of the pictures, especially your sweet girls spending time together :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas decorations are perfect, nice and simple. And that last photo of A + baby is priceless. That is one for the memory book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, love the picture of A reading with M on her lap! and your christmas tree is very luminous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous kids! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you're feeling better! these pics are precious, as is that glorious tree! wow. and this one of big sis holding babe on her lap while reading (multi-tasking like a real mommy) took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete

filed under