Thursday, January 10, 2013

my favorite apple crisp

There are some foods I just love so much that I want to have the best recipe of them that I can find. You know, so my kids can be like, "My mom makes the best..."Apple crisp is one of those for me. I've tried my share of apple crisp recipes but I always come back to this one. My cute friend and old roommate, Kayla shared her mom's recipe with me long ago. It's a good one, trust me.  Last night Brett and I were sneaking around the kids sharing a little bowl of this before dinner. So naughty, I know. :) I posted a photo of this morning on Instagram and got a few requests so here it is!


Kaloa's Apple Crisp

8 large apples, sliced and placed in a buttered 9 by 13 pan
Mix the following spices and sugar and sprinkle over apples. 
1 cup sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/8 t. salt
Dot your apples with a few tabs of butter. 

For the topping
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup butter
(Also, walnuts are divine mixed in to the topping but to each his own.)

Combine those four ingredients and sprinkle on top of the apples. 
Bake at 400 degree for one hour. 

1 comment:

  1. My favorite apple crisp too! I'll have to tell mom you posted it. She will be happy!

    ReplyDelete

filed under