Monday, January 20, 2014

my everyday pick me up

 God was so good to me when he gave me this good-hearted child, my magoo. After so many of her naps (which are still going strong, knock on wood), she looks at me and says, "I slept all night long." She is calm, happy and still drunk with sleep. Most often she lays still, rubs her eyes and is unhurried to sit up. I pick her up and she lays her head on my shoulder, her small weight completely relaxed. This blissful moment falls right at the perfect time in my day, a little escape from the business of the afternoon. Seeing her flushed cheeks and messy hair that never fails to make me smile and breathing in her smell is the best pick me up a girl could ask for.  This happy moment, the ritual that we have made each day,will go down in history as one of my all time favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

filed under