Tuesday, August 6, 2013

lately

-Someone has grown quite a personality lately, it's loads of fun and at the same time has taken a tremendous amount of patience. As long as I don't take her out in public I'm good. She throws the best tantrums you've ever seen. Stomping her foot and yelling "Mom" like a true teenager. It's nice to know that it will pass. She doesn't sit in a cart, hold my hand and refuses to be held and walks the opposite way as us.  It's hard to be two. 
-While I weed he becomes one fierce worm hunter. we have had buckets floating around full of creepy creatures. I swear he grows an inch every day lately. 
-This delight of a girl told me she made a song for me, oh my heart. She's golden. I'm not ready for her to be in school all day at all. Just holding on to these last days of summer with her home. 

I feel like a door has been opened with the children doing so much better. I don't think I realized how stressful it was. I just kept thinking, there is no way his body can take the strain it's under for much longer without some more serious implications.  I was just doing the best I could and trying to get by and I don't think I noticed how impossible everything was. Everything was making him sick. Not being able to deal with toxins when we live in such a toxic world is impossible.  Watching your child hurt is a terrible thing. Now this weight has been lifted and we all feel a little free. Life seems a bit calmer, much happier, and so very good.  It's just what I have been praying for and still it seems a little too good to be true but it is. I just keep counting the changes that has happened in this little boy of mine and what it means in his life. I can't think about it too long without crying. Nothing like a trial to bring gratitude to the surface of your mind. Funny how things go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

filed under