Saturday, May 14, 2011

house projects


We have been extra busy this week. Today Brett painted the laundry room for me while I painted the cabinets in that room. Mostly I played outside with the kiddos since it was so nice outside.  I figure that they won't get much use so I would do that myself. They look rather nice if I do say so myself. I used a roller and added paint thinner to my paint so it went on in extra thin coats. It took several coats but you can't see any lines at all. They turned out surprisingly well. I'll have to show you when we get the room all put back together.
We are doing some trade with a tile guy and he came today and tiled our kitchen. It's not quite finished but even still it is so pretty. We used white glossy subway tile that he actually had leftover from another job. Which made it completely free. I love it.
Then our two front rooms were drywalled and we took out the carpet to put in hardwood floors or new carpet, we still can't decide. After these projects are finished we are done for awhile. It's been quite the week but I can't wait to show you when it's all done.
Now we are going to spend all of Sunday resting and I'm already
scheduling a nap in for Brett for tomorrow. He has earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

filed under